Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Driver
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Driver– The PRO-2000 printer is a 24″ width huge arrangement printer. It’s fundamentally the same as the 44″ PRO-4000 and 60″ PRO-6000.
Keith Cooper has been dragging it through a lot of hardship for this longish survey which focuses on utilizing the printer for great photographic printing.
For practically the entirety of this survey, the PRO-4000 and 6000 can be thought of as essentially more extensive forms of 2000.
There is a different article covering the Installation and arrangement of the PRO-2000 which is ideal to begin with on the off chance that you are getting a shiny new printer. This glances at everything the things you require to do to prepare the printer for printing. It includes organizing subtleties and programming establishment.
The PRO-2000 is greater and heavier than past models and has an a lot higher ink limit – those two boxes at the back hold 12 ink trucks in sizes up to 700ml. The inks have been reformulated offering further blacks (on photograph media) and have traded the green ink of the past models for an unmistakable sparkle coat or ‘Shading Optimiser’ (CO) ‘ink’.
One misfortune from the prior models is a top stacking sheet media opening. Sheet media now needs stacking physically at the front, similarly that the 44″ and 60″ variants of the past models did
All printers presently can acknowledge a second move unit, which can be exchanged between move feed or move take-up. You can see it being utilized in the take-up mode above.
- Utilizing LUCIA PRO 12 inks, improved blacks, and shading
- Another 1.28″ wide print head empowers quicker printing
- Discretionary double move unit upholds ceaseless paper feed or programmed take-up of the printed yield.
- Direct printing for PDF and JPEG document designs from a USB memory stick.
- Wi-Fi and wired network
- Ensured shading consistency among occupations and distinctive creation destinations.
- High-limit “hot trade” ink tanks for continuous printing.
- The Print Studio Pro module lets you print from programming, for example, Lightroom, Photoshop, and Canon’s Digital Photo Professional
The printer is handily controlled by means of the shading contact screen, which lets you look through menu screens with a straightforward swipe of the screen.
The orange light over the screen is an admonition light – for this situation, this is on the grounds that a portion of the inks are low.
Great, however for the reality the inks appeared as low just after the introductory arrangement (with the provided 160ml cartridges) and kept on doing so directly through my time testing the printer. I’ll return to ink use later, however, I’d simply note that an admonition light that is consistently on rapidly loses its capacity to catch your eye.
The ink levels indicated are following arrangement, where you can see that two inks are appearing as low.
There are numerous settings that you can change, however, I’d generally recommend that in the event that you don’t have the foggiest idea what a setting does, it’s a decent sign that you may leave off any progressions until you acknowledge what it does.
Alignment and feed change
The print head gathering has sensors worked into it that let the printer perform alignment checks. This guarantees that your printer is working at a known norm of execution. It isn’t equivalent to ICC paper profiling and the printer can’t do this.
I’ve referenced adjustment in detail in the arrangement article, yet do so again here since it’s a significant advance in guaranteeing ideal printer execution. It needs doing after starting arrangement and unquestionably in the event that you supplant the print head. I’d likewise propose doing it after you’ve had the printer for a couple of months and afterward, in any event, every year. A few clients in the pre-press and sealing business should do things like this all the more regularly, yet I’m coordinating my remarks generally at picture takers simply needing to make incredible looking enormous prints.
Paper Loading and Media taking care of
The printer is basically focused on move paper clients. That doesn’t imply that it doesn’t function admirably with sheet paper, only that contrasted with the 17″ PRO-1000 it feels somewhat more unwieldy to utilize. On the other hand, you can’t print a 30″ x 15″ all-encompassing sheet on the PRO-1000.
You’ll see a fabric print catcher unit on the facade of the printer. This can be reconfigured in various manners for various utilization situations. I’ve more data about designing the print catcher in the PRO-2000 printer arrangement article.
The printing territory is appeared beneath with feed rollers and just before them, the gaps and spaces of the paper vacuum framework which holds paper level and gathers any overspray from borderless printing. On the off chance that you do a lot of borderless printing, I’d recommend giving this territory a wipe with a marginally clammy fabric now and then, to lessen ink development and the danger of smears on prints and fingers.
Sheets are stacked under the pink rollers at the back, in the wake of lifting the locking switch along the edge of the printer.
Paper is lined up with the orange line at the left, and the lines behind the rollers.
You can likewise observe the blue paper roller shaper gathering at the right. This is anything but difficult to get to for edge substitution, and closer to the front of the printer. Each sort of roll media I tried (counting canvas) was neatly cut.
I tried a few cut-sheet papers during the time the printer was here. The models underneath are my standard arrangement of test pictures for another paper, for this situation Pinnacle Velvet, a 275gsm finished workmanship paper from a nearby (Leicester, UK) provider.
You can see a profile focus at the back, a paper advance test picture (dark square), a check for the B&W print mode, and a shading test picture made with the profile made for the paper.
During testing, I attempted media running from 90gsm (clear) following paper through to half-millimeter thick workmanship papers, and two distinct thicknesses of the canvas.
I have a few moves of vagrant papers in our print room that I was shipped off test before and have lost the first box.
Presently, I’ve really quite smart thought what the vast majority of them are, however they may not be freely accessible or now under an alternate name, so I discover them great to test my ‘new paper’ measures.
One of the highlights of the printer is that it can trade move papers without requiring administrator consideration. Exactly how helpful this relies upon such printing you do.
I attempted it with compelling artwork media (I have a softly finished variant of the substantial craftsmanship paper also) and it truly didn’t work well overall, with the rewinding making the paper disengage from the center and ‘buoy’.
No issues with a light photograph paper like the Canon 200gsm, yet I don’t for the most part sell prints on light papers.
Hefty thick papers truly need to unroll – the paper wrap on this one in reality left a slight blemish on the paper, losing a couple of creeps toward the beginning
The other thing you would prefer not to do is leave acceptable papers unused on a move for any timeframe.
24 hours were sufficient for these imprints to show up from the paper holding rollers.
There is a setting for the printer to ‘diminish checking’ however I’d propose that when gotten done with a top-notch paper, you set it back into a pack and set it back in the case for capacity.
Custom Media types
When utilizing a Canon paper, you can simply utilize the standard media setting for that paper. Surely, you may pick a specific setting for an outsider paper, to coordinate the one utilized when the paper provider made an ICC profile.
Suppose you have a photo paper that accompanies an ICC profile made utilizing the Canon Satin 240gsm media setting.
By making a custom media type depends on the Canon Satin 240gsm base media type you can determine it on the front board when stacking the paper.
Alright, that decreases the potential for mistakes, what else do you get?
The custom media can have a feed change enhanced for that paper (diminishing the odds of banding and different impacts that may encroach on print quality).
In the event that you utilize the Accounting Tool (of which more in a piece) for monitoring paper and ink use, at that point the custom media can have explicit bookkeeping data related with it, for all the various sizes you use (for example costs for A3+ and A2 sheets and 15-meter rolls).
In the event that you truly need to amplify quality for a specific media type you can likewise indicate ink limits for your custom media, and set up an adjustment target. This is almost certain on the off chance that you make your own custom ICC profiles. You can send out settings records, yet in the event that you are making profiles and media arrangement documents for other people, at that point, you are making suspicions about the capacities of the individual at the opposite end that might be over idealistic.
The MCT client manual is accessible on-line and I unquestionably suggest a read through it in the event that you need to attempt it.
I’ll show a couple of models from my own testing that ideally give a vibe for the cycle (this is additionally talked about in my PRO-1000 survey and ones for the wide range of various Canon LF printers I’ve investigated).
The MCT will search for a printer on your organization that it can work with. Shockingly it doesn’t see my iPF8300, so I have to utilize an alternate rendition of the product for that printer.
The MCT will endeavor to refresh it’s rundown of ‘standard’ media types from Canon.
Printing with the PRO-2000
I’m trying the printer on our organization of Apple Mac printers, where we use Adobe Photoshop CS6 as our primary picture altering apparatus.
Probably the greatest change from the old iPF printers comes nearly covered up … the Mac Printer driver has viably been re-composed to bring to the table significantly greater usefulness, and do huge numbers of the things that you beforehand would utilize the print module for.
There are changes in the Windows printer driver alternatives too I accept.
I’ll give some example settings here that ought to be of direct significance to different clients. On the off chance that you’re a Windows and Lightroom fan, at that point the usefulness ought to be comparative, however, you’ll have to adjust it to your own utilization.
Printing with Print Studio Pro (PSP)
For printing from Photoshop with my iPF8300, I’ve utilized the superb Canon print module. Without a doubt, I’ve utilized it when testing other Canon huge configuration printers since it is both basic, clear to utilize and in particular, doesn’t impede me.
It happens that a ton of the usefulness of the old module is currently accessible in the all-new printer driver, yet PSP is advanced in the printer’s component list rather more unmistakably.
My first brush with the new PSP print programming was the point at which I tried the PRO-1000 printer, and I can’t state I was intrigued. I trusted that when the PRO-2000 turned up, there would be a decent strong print module like I utilized with past Canon huge arrangement printers.
No, it’s PSP I’m apprehensive. Programming I’d sought was soon after ‘customer’ models show up with the large printers as well.
Changing ink on the PRO-2000
After introductory accusing of ink, two of the inks appeared as low, prompting the ever-present admonition light I’ve referenced before.
As testing proceeded with an ever-increasing number of inks demonstrated as low, however, I could continue printing fine and dandy.
At a certain point, subsequent to lifting the top on the ink boxes to check something, the printer even eliminated one of the admonitions for some time, with it restoring somewhat later toward the beginning of the day [But do see my note in the concluions]
Pondering exactly how Canon tops up trucks over the web, I checked with Canon and found that specific things will make the printer recalculate ink levels and utilization, and no they couldn’t top off the trucks.
At last, while testing some different prints utilizing the Mirage print programming to drive the printer, the printer began making a noisy blaring commotion – a truck was at last vacant.
- Windows 10 (32bit)
- Windows 10 (64bit)
- Windows 8.1(32bit)
- Windows 8.1(64bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later(32bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later(64bit)
- macOS Mojave
- macOS High Sierra
- macOS Sierra
- OS X El Capitan
- OS X Yosemite
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Driver for Windows
- Download ->>||| Full Driver Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Printer Driver Windows
- Download ->>||| XPS Drivers Set Up Download for Windows
imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Software Set Up for Windows
- Download ->>||| Full Software Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 IJ Network Device Setup Utility Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Media Configuration Tool Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Poster Artist Updater Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 PosterArtist Lite Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Professional Print & Layout Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Quick Menu Set Up Download for Windows
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Driver for Mac
- Download ->>||| Full Driver Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| CUPS Drivers Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| ICA Drivers Set Up Download for Mac
imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Software Set Up for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Media Configuration Tool Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Professional Print & Layout Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Quick Menu Set Up Download for Mac
imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Manual
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 User Manual (Windows)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 User Manual (Mac)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Printer Stand Setup Guide
imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Setup Instructions for Windows
- Download the file.
- Then Double Click, the installation will start automatically.
imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Scanner Driver:
- If the OS is upgraded with the fixed scanner driver installed, scanning by pressing the SCAN button on the printer cannot be done after the upgrade. In that case, reinstall the scanner driver.
- When the installation of the MP driver is stopped by the following actions with the connection screen wait, install again. The installation does not finish even if plugged in a USB cable again or turned-on Power Supply again.
- The scan from the Scan printer button does not work when the connection is changed from a network connection to a USB connection. Install the MP driver again, and change the connection method.
imagePROGRAF PRO-2000 Setup instructions for Mac
- Download the file.
- Please to Double click the downloaded file and Mount it on the disk image.
- Double-click the mounted disk image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
How to install a printer with driver downloads from Canon IJ Setup Site
- Open the printer Canon IJ Setup Website to get the software drivers that match your printer type. On this website there are many drivers so make sure you do not choose the wrong drivers.
In order to more easily search for it using the search bar that there is usually at the top right of the website. Scroll the search results until you find the software driver that is sought and then download.
- Downloaded Driver usually a winrar file so you need software winrar also to extract it. Right-click the file and click Extract Here so that the files can be extracted in the folder there as well.
- Locate the setup file > Double click the file to start the install process.
- The last steps of installation > restart the computer so that the software drivers installed perfectly.
- After the computer restart, connect the printer with your computer using the default cable to check if the computer is now able to recognize the printer.
For printers that use a Wireless Connection system, make sure you’ve turned on the WiFi and the computer and your printer already connected to WiFi. Now you’re supposed to be able to use your printer.
Install Printer with USB
- Connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable default. In general default printer USB cable is not too long so you have to put the printer near the computer.
- Turn on your printer. On some printer models are usually after the printer is turned on, the installation process will automatically begin the installation instructions or appear on a computer screen. If your computer does not happen anything like that then do the next step.
- Click on the Start menu in the lower left corner of the picture of the Windows logo.
- Click Devices and Printers
- Click the Add a printer or scanner that is on the top of the screen. Computers will scan the printer connected to the computer.
- Select the printer model that suits you. If your printer name is not displayed, click The printer that I want isn’t listed. Then click the search button so that the system can scan Your printer driver on your hard drive. You may need to download the driver software if the computer still cannot scan your printer.
- Please follow the instructions that appear on the screen to finish > Restart the computer if prompted. Now, your printer is ready to use.
In addition to the above two ways you can install the printer by means of sharing with the computers that have a CD driver.