Canon PIXMA TS9550 Review– The Canon PIXMA TS9550 is a great home office printer, slightly better than the cheaper Canon PIXMA TS7450 ( Visit for Canon TS7450 Driver) – consider getting this only if you need to print on A3 paper. The Canon PIXMA TS9550 Driver Supports Windows, macOS, and Linux, so you can get them at the link we provide below for those of you who need drivers, software, and manuals.
- Price: £180
- Ink type: Cartridge
- Support: Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android
- Cost per page: 5p / 4p
- Paper tray capacity: 180
- Print speed: 14.11ppm
- Dimensions: 193 x 468 x 366 mm
- Weight: 9.7kg
The Canon PIXMA TS9550 is an all-in-one printer that combines an A3 color printer with an A4 scanner and copier.
Coming like a more capable version of the Canon PIXMA TS7450, the PIXMA TS9550 aims to be the home office hero for anyone who needs to print on A3 and scan and copy multiple A4 documents.
Using a combination of five ink cartridges – three colors and two black – the PIXMA TS9550’s operating costs seem high. I looked closely to see how far your money went and if it’s one of the best printers you can buy now.
Price and availability
The Canon PIXMA TS9550 is priced at £209.99/€255.00 on Canon’s official website but is currently out of stock too.
Fortunately, the printer is still available on photospecialist.co.uk and Amazon in the UK, although the latter has increased to £399.99.
It looks like the Canon PIXMA TS9550 isn’t currently available in the US, though we’ll update this article if and when that changes.
Design and Features
- Compact, for an A3 printer… but very heavy
- It prints in A3 but scans and copies in A4
- The mobile app does the job but can be tricky to use
Considering what it can do, I was surprised at how small (193 x 468 x 366 mm) the Canon PIXMA TS9550 is, similar in size to the Epson EcoTank ET-2720 but with a few extra tricks.
This was a heavy thing, weighing only about ten kilograms. On the plus side, I can incorporate lifting the PIXMA TS9550 into my core strengthening routine.
As with the PIXMA TS7450, the document feeder sits on top, and folds, left-to-right. Behind it is an extendable tray for the A3 paper feeder.
The entire top flips back to reveal the scanner glass, and you pop the whole hood here to replace the ink cartridges. At the bottom is the main paper tray, next to the SD card reader.
The rear hopper holds up to 50 sheets of A3, or 20 sheets of photo paper, while the front hopper holds up to 100 sheets of A4. In addition, another 20 sheets of A4 can be stored in the ADF, enabling fast duplication of multi-page A4 documents, such as contracts.
While the build quality of the printer feels great, there are a few things I’m not so sure about: the scanner lid doesn’t have a slow closing mechanism (so it’s prone to slamming if you’re not careful), the ADF cover feels very thin, and the gears on the bottom only support the control panel. Right side. Overall it doesn’t feel as premium as the PIXMA TS7450 (which is about £100 cheaper).
The control panel’s 4.2-inch LCD touchscreen is a nice addition, which makes setting up the PIXMA TS9550 a breeze – entering my home network password is a lot easier for this reason alone.
While it’s easy to switch between paper settings using the control panel, I recommend that you use the mobile app to print frequently.
The Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY application (iOS, Android) is best suited for printing documents, as the image and photo editing options are not perfect. The app isn’t easy to navigate, but it can be used.
You’ll need the Easy-PrintPhoto Editor app (iOS, Android) to print images. This app has customization options, allowing you to print calendars, greeting cards, and passport photos. It’s generally easier to use than the Inkjet/SELPHY apps.
For scanning and copying, you should use the PIXMA TS9550 control panel – fortunately, the layout is reasonable and very easy to identify. If you’re an Android user, you can also use the Mobile Print app if you want to print something from your phone’s gallery quickly.
Windows users need to download the driver from Canon’s site to get started, while Mac users can print right away as soon as they connect the PIXMA TS9550 to the same home network, as it supports Apple AirPrint.
Print Speed and Quality
- Print text documents quickly and in good quality.
- Photo prints on glossy paper are good and detailed
- Color printing on plain paper is not so good
The Canon PIXMA TS9550 is one of the fastest printers I’ve tested, outputting a single page of A4 text in about four seconds.
Printing on A3 naturally takes a little longer, with one page taking about seven seconds, five pages taking about 32-33 seconds (9.1ppm) and 20 pages taking 1 minute 44 seconds (11.53ppm).
The print quality of the text is also really good, with sharp-looking copies of various font sizes and types. If I want to nitpick, the Courier New font looks a little blurry, especially the lowercase ‘w’s, but that’s at the Normal quality setting – increasing everything to Best yields sharper results.
Color images take between 30-42 seconds to print on A4 and 40-50 seconds on A3, depending on the level of detail. Like on the Canon PIXMA TS7450, photos printed on plain paper don’t look fantastic, but printing on glossy photo paper makes your photos shine. A single print on 10x15mm (4×6 inch) paper takes 10-12 seconds to complete.
The operating costs of the Canon PIXMA TS9550 are difficult to calculate quickly, as it uses a combination of three color ink cartridges (Magenta, Yellow, and Cyan) and two black cartridges (pigment black and black). These black ink sources print text and image shadows, respectively.
If you primarily print documents, you will likely be replacing the black pigment cartridge (PGI-580BK) most often.
The yield from standard-sized cartridges isn’t particularly high, but this is fairly common for cartridge-based printers – as always, you’re better off buying the largest cartridges you can afford, as they perform much better long-term value.
Page yields of color ink vary but are generally within the same average. Unless you’re printing a lot of magenta-colored graphics, likely, they will all have to be replaced at the same time.
- Windows 10 (32bit)
- Windows 10 (64bit)
- Windows 8.1(32bit)
- Windows 8.1(64bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later(32bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later(64bit)
- macOS Mojave
- macOS High Sierra
- macOS Sierra
- OS X El Capitan
- OS X Yosemite
Download Canon PIXMA TS9550 Driver & Software Free Download
Canon PIXMA TS9550 Driver Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| Full Driver Windows
- Download ->>||| MP Drivers Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| Printers and Multifunction Printers Security Patchs Set Up Download for Windows
Software Set Up for Windows
- Download ->>||| Full Software Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 Easy Photo Editor Software Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 IJ Network Device Setup Utility Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 IJ Printer Assistant Tool Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 Poster Artist Updater Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 PosterArtist Lite Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 Easy-Layout Editor Download for Windows
TS9550 Software Set Up Mac
- Download ->>||| Full Drivers Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 IJ Network Device Setup Utility Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 IJ Scan Utility Lite Set Up Download for Mac
Download Canon PIXMA TS9550 Driver for Linux
IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 Printer driver for printing using the Canon IJ Printer for Linux
- Download ->>||| IJ Printer Driver (Debian Packagearchive)
- Download ->>||| IJ Printer Driver (rpm Packagearchive)
- Download ->>||| IJ Printer Driver (Source file)
IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 Scanner Driver for Printing for Linux
- Download ->>||| ScanGear (Debian Packagearchive)
- Download ->>||| ScanGear MP (rpm Packagearchive)
- Download ->>||| ScanGear MP (Source file)
Canon PIXMA TS9550 Manual Guide Download
Canon PIXMA TS9550 Manual Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 Guide for Easy-PhotoPrint Editor (Windows)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 User Manual (Windows)
TS9550 Manual Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 Guide for Easy-PhotoPrint Editor (Mac)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA TS9550 User Manual (Mac)