Canon Pixma MP980 Driver Download– The Canon Pixma MP980 is an Ultimate Wireless Photo All-In-One Printer with a 3.5″ LCD and Built-in Film Adapter Unit. Get ready for premium performance and incredible results. The new 6-color ChromaLife100+1 ink system includes ink unique grayscale, which helps you achieve the incredible monochrome and color values that discerning photographers seek. And it’s incredibly fast: you can create long-lasting 4″ x 6″ photos at a spectacular 9600 x 2400 dpi2 color resolution in no time. about 20 seconds 3. A high-resolution CCD scanner will produce a spectacular 4800 x 9600 dpi color result, and copies will be more true to the original.
Canon’s Pixma MP980 is the latest in the MP series and the first with a new gray ink to enhance black and white output as well as shadow detail. The ink is the same ChromaLife 100 found in their dedicated Pixma printer like the Pro9000. This is a six-ink printer with cyan, magenta, yellow, black, gray, and black pigments. Pigments are only used in text-mode documents. 802.11b&g wireless is supported, and you can add an optional Bluetooth unit. As with most printers in this class, printing directly from a memory card or via PictBridge is also supported, and the printer has a number of built-in image adjustment features.
You can print directly from a memory card or use the card slot as a card reader for your computer. Direct printing is a popular feature for regular prints – insert a memory card into the slot and print your JPEG images with onboard image adjustments such as red-eye correction, and color enhancement. If you want to print from your phone or a similar device, Canon has an optional Bluetooth adapter for the MP980.
Ease of use
The Canon Pixma MP980 is very easy to set up on my mixed Vista/Mac network. Canon’s network utility found the printer wirelessly and it installed correctly on all machines with no additional information required on my part.
One of the driving factors in this type of device is the ability to handle any odd scan jobs you may have. The MP980 can produce quick scans of photos or documents, and functions as a copier with multiple black and white or color copies.
The scanner in the Canon Pixma MP980 is a 4800×9600 dpi CCD with a 48-bit color depth. Examining from film negatives and transparencies is upheld and Canon incorporates a film holder for 35mm strips or slides. There is no archive feeder with the MP980, so every unique should be physically positioned in the scanner.
Scan quality for negatives and transparencies is excellent. It won’t beat dedicated film scanners like Plustek or Nikon, but that’s to be expected from a multipurpose unit, and at this price point, I’d rate its capabilities very well.
Scanning a 35mm negative at high quality took about 10 minutes, producing an 86MB file in the process. Although the scanner supports 16-bit output via the Photoshop plug-in (Figure 1), the included MP Navigator EX software only supports 8-bit scanning.
If you want to improve the quality of your scans, I recommend downloading a copy of VueScan. VueScan gave me much better results than the Canon drivers and supports 16-bit scanning with no issues at all.
I scanned the same image with Canon’s ScanGear software and VueScan Pro, using the same image settings – 200 dpi, 8-bit color. The results are very interesting. Scans are not very accurate in color tones (see Figures 2 and 3), although ScanGear scans are significantly more magenta in color balance with lighter tones. The VueScan version on Canon scanners is of the highest quality and has the closest color accuracy of all the scans performed.
Scanning from film using the negative case gave me much more accurate results with ScanGear than reflective scanning. The colors are good, with more detail in the shadows than the reflective scan.
Canon Pixma MP980 Ink Compatible Cartridges
- PGI-220/CLI-221 Combo Ink Pack with Plus Glossy II Photo Paper (50 Sheets, 4″x6″)
- CLI-221 Ink Pack 4 Colors Black, Magenta, Yellow & Cyan
- PGI-220 Black 3 Ink Pack
- CLI-221 Hitam Black Ink Tank
- PGI-220 Hitam Black Ink Tank
Canon Pixma MP980 Ink Absorber Full
This method is applied to reset the Canon Pixma MP980 printer waste ink counter. to correct the full waste ink absorber error.
- Enter Service Mode Method I
- Press the RESUME/CANCEL button (STOP/RESET button) 4 times in a row
- Turn off the printer (Press the POWER button until the printer is completely OFF. Note: NEVER turn off the printer by unplugging the power cord!)
- At this stage, your printer is in normal condition and ready to use.
Canon Pixma MP980 Error 5b00
Error code 5b00 is a very common problem that appears in Canon Printers quite often. When you turn it on and try to print a document, you will first notice that the printer boots normally.
Printing or scanning documents is no longer possible The light starts flashing green and orange a few times in a row, but be sure that this article will help you.
We have provided some of the best solutions for the problem in the sections below. Make sure to follow them carefully to avoid causing other problems.
- Error 5b00 usually indicates a situation where the user is unable to print due to the use of improper ink cartridges.
- If you encounter a Canon 5b00 printer error then you should reset the waste ink counter as shown below.
- You can also clean the waste ink pad manually by following the steps from our guide.
- Check the system ink level
Solution if you get a Canon 5b00 printer error
1. Reset the waste ink counter
- Unplug the power cable and USB cable from the printer.
- Open the cartridge door and press the Power button.
- Continue to hold down the Power button while plugging the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Keep holding down the Power button until the printer starts resetting itself.
- Once all the lights are on, you can take them off.
- Wait until the green power light turns off.
- Then, quickly press and release the Power button twice.
- The green light will flash for a few more seconds and finally stabilize.
- Feel free to close the cartridge door and try printing again.
Canon Error 5b00 is often caused by an ink spill on your printer in Windows 10. The same goes for a full ink absorber or a full waste ink counter, so reset the ink absorber.
You can actually apply this quick fix to clear a lot of error codes that might appear when turning on the printer.
2. Clean the waste ink pad manually
- Open the ink cartridge compartment. Depending on the model of Canon printer you are using, this compartment can be either at the front or the back of the machine.
- Wait for the ink cartridge to move completely.
- Next, disconnect the printer power cable.
- Behind the cartridge is a row of white rollers. Look for a small box near the roller that looks like a foam pad.
- You need to remove the waste ink absorber by gently pulling on the rubber housing.
- Clean using a paper towel. Try to collect all the waste ink on the paper towel pieces.
- Return all cartridges to their place.
- Replace the frame in the printer.
- Now you can press and hold the Power button and reconnect the power cable.
- When the printer is on, release the button.
- Wait five seconds and press the Power button again. This resets the printer’s internal memory and overrides error code 5b00.
If the problem persists, you can follow the steps above to fix it. When this waste ink pad is saturated, the printer will notify you with an error message just like yours. Don’t panic because manual cleaning often works.
You can also use a bucket of soapy water. Be careful that the waste ink absorber is submerged long enough for the ink to come off before you replace the foam pad and install the waste ink.
3. Other potential solutions
If the printhead is not clean, it can often cause this error. Check your printheads properly and make sure they are clean too.
Also, check the system ink level. If the ink level is low, you have no other choice but to fill it to maximum capacity.
Continue the troubleshooting process by resetting your printer to factory settings.
- Windows 10 (32bit)
- Windows 10 (64bit)
- Windows 8.1(32bit)
- Windows 8.1(64bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later(32bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later(64bit)
- macOS Mojave
- macOS High Sierra
- macOS Sierra
- OS X El Capitan
- OS X Yosemite
Canon Pixma MP980 Driver Download & Software Free Download
Canon Pixma MP980 Driver Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| Mini Master Setup for Windows
- Download ->>||| MP Drivers Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| XPS Drivers Set Up Download for Windows
Canon Pixma MP980 Software Set Up for Windows
- Download ->>||| Full Software Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 Easy Photo Editor Software Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 IJ Network Device Setup Utility Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 MP Navigator EX Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 My Image Garden Set Up Download for Windows
Canon Pixma MP980 Driver Download Mac
- Download ->>||| Scanner Driver for Mac
- Download ->>||| CUPS Drivers Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| ICA Drivers Set Up Download for Mac
Canon Pixma MP980 Software Set Up Mac
- Download ->>||| Full Drivers Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 Easy Photo Editor Software Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 IJ Network Device Setup Utility Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 MP Navigator EX Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 My Image Garden Set Up Download for Mac
Canon Pixma MP980 Manual Guide Download
Canon Pixma MP980 Manual Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 Guide for Easy-PhotoPrint Editor (Windows)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 User Manual (Windows)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 Guide for My Image Garden (Windows
Canon Pixma MP980 Manual Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 User Manual (Mac)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 Easy Setup Instructions For Apple AirPort Wireless Networks (Mac)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon Pixma MP980 Getting Started Guide