Canon PIXMA MP620 Driver Free Download
Canon PIXMA MP620 Driver Free Download– The Canon Pixma MP620 is an inkjet photo printer so it’s safe to say without even reading reviews that it’s a busy little machine. It’s packed with a scanner, copier, two paper trays, a built-in card reader and wireless networking capabilities, and a decent $ 150 print speed. It just seems too good to be true.
That’s why I was excited to have this printer reviewed last month; I can’t wait to see if the Canon Pixma MP620 is all that it claims to be, especially after the positive reviews we gave the MP970 a few months ago.
The Canon Pixma MP620 all-in-one is actually a small printer weighing around 18 lbs. Its dimensions are 14.5 by 17.7 by 6.9 inches (when not in use) so it doesn’t take up as much space as some multifunction printers.
It’s a fairly modern-looking exterior that’s mostly done in silver with black edges and a black control panel. I found that the black edges/panels smudged easily and I couldn’t get rid of the fingerprints. All paper trays fold into the printer to keep them compact when not in use. There are two main paper trays: the front-loading tray for plain paper and the rear tray that pops up for photo paper.
Despite what I’ll say later about ease of use, the MP620 setup is simple and relatively fast. There is a book “Getting Started” that takes you step-by-step through the process. The MP620 is coated with orange tape when you take it out of the box, but it’s mostly built-in. You do need to insert a printhead and add an ink cartridge, but the instructions are detailed and relatively easy to insert.
After you put the ink in and the machine is connected, you need to decide how you want to use the MP620: USB connection, wired LAN, or wireless LAN. This is actually quite important because it’s not that easy to switch your connection once it’s set up. If you plan to use the printer with only one computer, a USB connection is the easiest and I recommend it.
If you are on a network and want to share a printer, you will need to decide between connecting the printer to the network router via an ethernet cable or Wi-Fi. They are both easy to set up at first but very difficult to change after the initial setup. Once the printer is set up, every computer on the network will need to download the driver for the MP620 as well.
Once you have decided on your configuration, the Canon Setup CD will take care of the rest. If you select Easy Install, you will download 499 MB of software and drivers. If you are an advanced user or have a limited amount of space available on your hard drive, I recommend doing a Custom Install and choosing only the minimal one.
The setup CD will then take you through a brief installation and configure your connection preferences. All that needs to be done after that is to load the paper in the tray or back tray and you are ready to print.
Ease of use
Once you turn on the MP620, you’ll see how user-friendly the printer is, with large buttons and a clearly labeled scroll wheel. The printer menu is easy to navigate with six self-explanatory menu options: Copy, Scan, Photo Index Sheet, Settings, Easy Photo Reprints, and Memory Card.
Your computer also has several programs designed to enhance your printing experience if you choose to download all of the included software. For this review, I installed each program on a CD, asking for eight different icons to appear neatly on my desktop.
The first and last icon is the link to register your MP620. I don’t know what the difference is between printer customer registration and Canon MP620 series user registration, but I deleted both of them because I only used the product temporarily.
The next icon is the manual on the screen. I recommend downloading this as the MP620 doesn’t come with a paper manual.
The Canon IJ Networking Tool is also useful and is necessary if you plan to share your printer on the network. I will install this program.
The MP Navigator EX 2.0 and Easy-PhotoPrint EX icons follow network tools and are useful for scanning and printing photos, but are not required for quality scans or photo prints. This is the largest download on the Setup CD and maybe the first place you are looking to save memory.
What’s not simple or intuitive about the Pixma MP620 is changing the printer configuration after initial setup. In fact, I didn’t know how to do it even with the help of two of my colleagues. In the end, I had to keep removing the printer driver from my computer and then reinstalling it with the Setup CD, which in turn would help me configure the network. Using this process, I was able to test all three configurations and find that they all worked fine.
This is very frustrating to me and I wish Canon had included another paper manual on network configuration or at least added it to the on-screen manual. I’m sure there must be an easier way to switch the printer to and from the network, but I couldn’t figure it out after spending over an hour of my time and my coworkers’ time.
The MP620 is an all-in-one printer equipped with a printer, copier, and scanner. All three are high quality in my opinion.
The printer can print on several types of media, from photo paper to plain copy paper, and in several sizes. As I mentioned earlier, it has two paper trays for separating media and eliminating accidental print and waste.
I don’t see a difference in photo quality on the photo paper or in size. I tested the MP620 on Kodak High Glossy Photo Paper (8 × 10 ”), Canon Glossy Plus II Photo Paper (4 × 6”), and Office Depot Glossy Photo Paper (4 × 6 ”). The MP620 prints beautiful, bright 8x10s and 4x6s. I also used the MP620 to make multiple prints on 8 × 10 photo paper with great results.
The MP620 also produces plain black and white and color prints at speeds of 26 pages per minute and 17 pages per minute. I tested several types of media including envelopes, labels, and copy paper. I found the printouts sharp except for the envelope with the slightly dirty return address. I printed a second envelope and it worked fine.
The copy/scan functionality is great too; I printed a color copy in about 24 seconds. The lid is adjustable for thicker copying such as books, and there’s an erase option to prevent the black shadows you always get on copies of books near the binding, saving ink. You can also make borderless, 2-on-1, and 4-on-1 copies.
Scanned photos and other media can be saved directly to a PC, memory card or USB flash drive. With Canon MP Navigator EX 2.0 you can precisely determine the type of media you are scanning for higher quality scans, edit scans, and edit scan settings. I scanned an 8 × 10-inch photo onto my PC in about 30 seconds.
- Windows 10 (32bit)
- Windows 10 (64bit)
- Windows 8.1(32bit)
- Windows 8.1(64bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later(32bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later(64bit)
- macOS Mojave
- macOS High Sierra
- macOS Sierra
- OS X El Capitan
- OS X Yosemite
Canon PIXMA MP620 Driver Free Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| Mini Master Setup Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| MP Drivers Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| XPS Drivers Set Up Download for Windows
Canon PIXMA MP620 Software Set Up for Windows
- Download ->>||| Full Software Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 Easy Photo Editor Software Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 IJ Network Device Setup Utility Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 MP Navigator EX Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 My Image Garden Set Up Download for Windows
Canon PIXMA MP620 Driver Free Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| Scanner Driver Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| CUPS Drivers Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| ICA Drivers Set Up Download for Mac
Canon PIXMA MP620 Software Set Up for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 Easy Photo Editor Software Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 IJ Network Device Setup Utility Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 MP Navigator EX Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 IJ Scan Utility Lite Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 My Image Garden Set Up Download for Mac
Canon PIXMA MP620 Manual
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 User Manual (Windows)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 Guide for My Image Garden (Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 User Manual (Mac)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon PIXMA MP620 Getting Started Guide
Canon PIXMA MP620 Setup Instructions for Windows
- Download the file.
- Then Double Click, the installation will start automatically.
Canon PIXMA MP620 Scanner Driver:
- If the OS is upgraded with the fixed scanner driver installed, scanning by pressing the SCAN button on the printer cannot be done after the upgrade. In that case, reinstall the scanner driver.
- When the installation of the MP driver is stopped by the following actions with the connection screen wait, install again. The installation does not finish even if plugged in a USB cable again or turned-on Power Supply again.
- The scan from the Scan printer button does not work when the connection is changed from a network connection to a USB connection. Install the MP driver again, and change the connection method.
Canon PIXMA MP620 Setup instructions for Mac
- Download the file.
- Please to Double click the downloaded file and Mount it on the disk image.
- Double-click the mounted disk image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
How to install a printer with driver downloads from Canon IJ Setup Site
- Open the printer Canon IJ Setup Website to get the software drivers that match your printer type. On this website there are many drivers so make sure you do not choose the wrong drivers.
In order to more easily search for it using the search bar that there is usually at the top right of the website. Scroll the search results until you find the software driver that is sought and then download.
- Downloaded Driver usually a winrar file so you need software winrar also to extract it. Right-click the file and click Extract Here so that the files can be extracted in the folder there as well.
- Locate the setup file > Double click the file to start the install process.
- The last steps of installation > restart the computer so that the software drivers installed perfectly.
- After the computer restart, connect the printer with your computer using the default cable to check if the computer is now able to recognize the printer.
For printers that use a Wireless Connection system, make sure you’ve turned on the WiFi and the computer and your printer already connected to WiFi. Now you’re supposed to be able to use your printer.
Install Printer with USB
- Connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable default. In general default printer USB cable is not too long so you have to put the printer near the computer.
- Turn on your printer. On some printer models are usually after the printer is turned on, the installation process will automatically begin the installation instructions or appear on a computer screen. If your computer does not happen anything like that then do the next step.
- Click on the Start menu in the lower-left corner of the picture of the Windows logo.
- Click Devices and Printers
- Click the Add a printer or scanner that is on the top of the screen. Computers will scan the printer connected to the computer.
- Select the printer model that suits you. If your printer name is not displayed, click The printer that I want isn’t listed. Then click the search button so that the system can scan Your printer driver on your hard drive. You may need to download the driver software if the computer still cannot scan your printer.
- Please follow the instructions that appear on the screen to finish > Restart the computer if prompted. Now, your printer is ready to use.
In addition to the above two ways you can install the printer by means of sharing with the computers that have a CD driver.