Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Driver Download– The Canon MAXIFY GX6050(opens in a new tab) ships with four ink bottles in the box — enough for 6,000 mono pages and 14,000 color pages. It puts the old cartridge-based inkjets to shame and also beats most laser printers in terms of consumables cost per page. A large amount of ink also explains the high price tag.
At around £460 (about US$636, AU$859), it is expensive for an A4 inkjet printer (opens in a new tab), but the cost is more justified by the high build quality and luxurious features such as a touchscreen interface, 100-sheet ADF ( automatic document feed), and double scan. It can handle heavy loads with a maximum quoted monthly duty cycle of 45,000 pages and prints on various media, including glossy photo paper.
Design and build
All-in-one printers are usually an eyesore for offices, but something is appealing about this design. The white round plastic and the large window into the ink tank make the Canon MAXIFY GX6050 look like a child’s toy. It feels very sturdy and also well built.
It is quite large, with room for 250 sheets in the main paper tray, 100 in the rear tray, and another 50 in the ADF.
The ink tank is large enough to hold all bottled ink, which means significantly less downtime compared to cartridge alternatives. Even the paper output tray is larger than usual and can hold 100 sheets of paper.
A USB Host port is located on the front of the printer with a USB data cable, Ethernet cable, and power cable all attached on the back. The control panel with a 6.9 cm touch screen tilts for easy operation from any angle.
Features and specifications
Being a three-in-one device, the Canon MAXIFY GX6050 can print scans and copies. If you still can’t live without faxing, then the slightly more expensive Canon MAXIFY GX6070 four-in-one is the one for you. The mid-range model tested here still performs very well with duplex scanning in addition to duplex printing. It has a decent paper capacity and can print on almost any type of media up to A4 size. That includes envelopes, labels, heavy paper stock weighing up to 275g/m2, and even transfer irons from lightweight fabrics.
There is a USB Host port for direct printing from a flash memory drive and onboard Wi-Fi. No NFC module, but compatible with all popular wireless protocols like Apple AirPrint, Wireless Direct, Mopria, and just Canon’s own PIXMA Cloud Link.
At a maximum of 600×1200 dpi, the print resolution is not as high as that of Canon photo printers, as it is primarily an office printer, although it can print on photo paper.
The ADF can process a stack of 100 pages, copying them at a speed of about 12ipm. The dual scan mode allows you to copy both sides of the page automatically. This is a useful trick that not everyone can do. The only feature missing from our checklist is NFC, but that’s unlikely to be a deal breaker for anyone.
Setting and operation
Setting up the Canon MAXIFY GX6050 is as easy as plugging it in and following the on-screen instructions. The touchscreen makes it easy to enter your Wi-Fi password, but a quicker way to get the printer online is to download the iOS/Android companion app and use your smartphone. The app is called Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY and provides a very intuitive way to operate the printer while scanning and printing via the cloud.
Filling the ink tank is a satisfying task that you won’t have to do again for another 14,000 color pages as it is large enough to accommodate all the ink bottles in the box. The bottle has a specially designed nozzle so you won’t spill a drop and the large viewing window means you can see how much ink is left in the reservoir at a glance.
To check if the nozzles are aligned and shoot properly, the Canon MAXIFY GX6050 prints a test page for you, but it is not as complete as other inkjets. It doesn’t then scan the test page, for example, but relies on you to check it.
The tiltable touchscreen offers quick and easy access to many printer features and is easy to see from across the office. In every way, the Canon MAXIFY GX6050 is an easy-to-use device.
The Canon MAXIFY GX6050 passed all our tests with no paper jams, misprints, or sheets sticking together. It prints fast in black and white and is pretty quiet at 49dB. Monochrome text pages consistently look sharp and dark, even in the draft mode, which usually reduces quality for speed. This may be because the black ink is applied quite liberally in high-quality mode, which is great for producing solid black objects on the page. Our black test page doesn’t show the usual horizontal lines or the gray color you normally get. We think draft mode will do just fine for most text-based print jobs.
Color documents and photos on paper also appear clean and unblemished by horizontal lines. However, photos look grainy, even at the highest print quality.
The Canon photo printer can optimize the resolution by spraying a few droplets on the slow-moving paper to resolve 4800×2400, while the Canon MAXIFY GX6050 has a resolution of 600×1200.
Apart from the visible dots, all our test photos were bright, with a natural color palette pleasing overall. Combined with clean text documents and evenly applied block colors, we must conclude that the Canon MAXIFY GX6050 performs very well.
There’s a lot to like about the Canon MAXIFY GX6050. It is well built, easy to use, full-featured, and has good enough overall performance for home, office, or SMB. The main attraction, of course, is the large refillable ink tank and the generous amount of ink Canon puts in the box. This means you won’t have to think about buying more for a long time, and when you do, you’ll be surprised at the price of bottled ink. Yes, that’s a high starting price for an inkjet printer, but you’ll save money in the long run.
- Windows 10 (32bit)
- Windows 10 (64bit)
- Windows 8.1(32bit)
- Windows 8.1(64bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later(32bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 or later(64bit)
- macOS Mojave
- macOS High Sierra
- macOS Sierra
- OS X El Capitan
- OS X Yosemite
Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Printer Drivers & Software Free Download
Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Driver Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| Full Driver Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| MP Drivers Set Up Download for Windows
Download Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Software Set Up for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Easy Photo Editor Software Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 IJ Network Device Setup Utility Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Poster Artist Updater Set Up Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 PosterArtist Lite Download for Windows
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Quick Menu Set Up Download for Windows
GX6050 Software Set Up Mac
- Download ->>||| Full Drivers Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Easy Photo Editor Software Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 IJ Network Device Setup Utility Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 IJ Scan Utility Lite Set Up Download for Mac
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Quick Menu Set Up Download for Mac
MAXIFY GX6050 Driver Download for Linux
MAXIFY GX6050 Printer driver for printing using the Canon IJ Printer for Linux
- Download ->>||| IJ Printer Driver (debian Packagearchive)
- Download ->>||| IJ Printer Driver (rpm Packagearchive)
- Download ->>||| IJ Printer Driver (Source file)
IJ Start Canon GX6050 Scanner Driver for Printing for Linux
- Download ->>||| ScanGear (debian Packagearchive)
- Download ->>||| ScanGear MP (rpm Packagearchive)
- Download ->>||| ScanGear MP (Source file)
Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Manual Guide Download
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)
- Download ->>||| IJ Start Canon MAXIFY GX6050 Getting Started Guide